Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) approach
While the documentation and communication of our formal ESG program is just beginning, at TELUS International we believe our real ESG journey began the moment our company was conceived – how we treat our customers, team members, communities and the planet is core to our corporate DNA. We take an ESG approach to corporate strategy development and decision-making.
Our ESG approach has been developed and honed, working closely with our diverse and invested stakeholders. In progressing our ESG program, we considered the following global standards and goals:
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- The 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact (TELUS Corporation, our parent company, is a signatory thereto).
We have corporate and giving programs and plans in support of 16 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (all but Goal 11 “Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”).
COVID-19 has impacted every area of our business this year. In 2021, we prioritized measuring baseline results of our ‘new normal’ in a number of important areas, including environmental impact, team engagement, learning and development, and supplier diversity. In 2022, we intend to set specific, ambitious targets and goals that reflect our team’s strong commitment to honor our purpose by caring for our customers, our people and our planet.
Our ESG priorities are:
- Hiring, motivating and promoting our diverse, talented team who exceed customer expectations, including through impact sourcing programs
- Giving back to the communities where we live, work and serve by creating meaningful, lasting impact through the efforts of our team members
- Supporting a sustainable planet for all by embracing the principles of refuse, reduce, reuse, repurpose and recycle
- Adhering to principles of strong corporate governance.