As Chair of the TELUS International Board of Directors since 2016, I’m continuously impressed with our global team’s deep commitment to our customers and other stakeholders.
In a year of continued global uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board and I are proud of how the TELUS International team has united, under the dedicated leadership of our President and CEO Jeffrey Puritt and his executive team, to work tirelessly on our corporate priorities, driving impressive growth and financial success, including:
- Delivering strong double-digit revenue and profitability growth
- Debuting as a publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- Advancing our global leadership in the exciting AI services space
- Taking care of our customers, one another, our communities and the planet.
Josh Blair invests his time and energy to help local causes in Vancouver.
A diverse, capable Board of Directors
Over the course of 2021, we were excited to materially strengthen the TELUS International Board of Directors with four new independent members: Olin Anton, Sue Paish, Carolyn Slaski and Sandra Stuart.
Guided by the highest ethical standards
Our Board Manual was updated and approved in February 2021, and guides our stewardship of the TELUS International Board and the management of its business and affairs. As part of its annual review process, our Board approved further updates to the Board Manual in November 2021. The updates included clarification and streamlining of Board committee duties and some changes to director compensation and expense practices.
Oversight of ESG priorities
In addition to a steadfast focus on fueling TELUS International’s continued success, as a Board we are also looking toward the future with a view to assisting the company to develop and execute a more robust ESG program as TELUS International matures.
This year, the Board has:
- Assigned ESG and cybersecurity oversight to the TELUS International Governance and Nominating Board Committee of the Board of Directors
- Identified our Chief Legal Officer as our point-person on governance and our Chief Corporate Officer as our point-person on environmental and social leadership
- Prioritized increasing the skills and expertise of our directors on ESG matters, including through training and experiential opportunities.
On behalf of the TELUS International Board of Directors, thank you for your continued confidence.
Josh Blair Chair, Board of Directors TELUS International